Rhodes Scholarships for International Students, Oxford University 2022/2023
About the Rhodes Scholarship Fund:
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards providing support for outstanding students at the University of Oxford. Established in the will of Cecil Rhodes in 1902, the Rhodes is the oldest and probably the most prestigious international scholarship program in the world.
- Host Institution(s): Oxford University in UK
- Study in: UK
- Level/Fields of study: Any full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford.
- Deadline: Varies, July-Oct (annual)
- Course starts: October 2022
- Number of Scholarships: 95 Scholars are selected annually.
- Target group: Australia, Bermuda, Canada, China, Commonwealth Caribbean (Anguilla, Antigua, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Montserrat, St Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent, Trindad and Tobago, and, the Turks and Caicos Islands), East Africa (Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and Burundi), Germany, Hong Kong SAR, India, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Malaysia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and eSwatini), Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, United Arab Emirates, United States (50 states of the US, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories of American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo), Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Students who do not belong to these constituencies may apply to Global Rhodes Scholarships.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers all University and College fees, a living stipend (£17,310 per annum 2021-22); settling in allowance, health insurance, visa, two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
The basic tenure of the scholarship is two years provided the recipient demonstrates satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.
Applicants shoult meet the following requirements in order to apply for the Rhodes Scholarships:
• Citizenship & residency: Applicants must fulfil the citizenship and residency requirements of the Rhodes constituency for which they are applying.
• Age: Applicants must have been born after 1 October 1997 and on or before 1 October 2004 OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual). They must have been born after 1 October 1995 AND they have met or will meet the academic requirements for completing their first degree on or after 1 July 2021*
• Education: Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree by October following election. Academic performance must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which is very selective, and to ensure that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard.
Please refer to the country-specific eligibility requirements at this link.
Applications open on 1 June or 1 July 2022.
Candidates msut read the information about the Scholarships in the country-specific page to learn about the application criteria, eligibility requirements, and deadline specific to their country. Deadline varies but it is around July-October 2022.
For detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship, please refer to the how to apply page and visit the website listed below.
Official Scholarship Website:
Disclaimer: imoloaded does not host any files on it’s servers. All files or contents hosted on third party websites and any copyright infringement complaints will be executed immediately!. imoloaded.com.ng does not accept responsibility for contents hosted on third party websites.